Any owner of the site once faced with the problem of choosing furniture for the garden. Resolving this issue requires thorough preparation. Not only because there is a wide range of products on sale. Simply, in addition to the cozy appearance, one cannot overlook some other characteristics of the furniture.
When purchasing items, it is important to take into account the design of the entire garden area, the exterior of the building. Determining the choice, it is desirable to clearly represent where the furniture will be installed: in the gazebo, in the garden near the trees, on the veranda with a roof.
The wooden table for giving on a terrace of the country house decorated in country style completely organically looks. To create a style Provence suitable as wrought-iron tables, and wood.
Moreover, any material used for the production of garden furniture, has both positive and negative qualities.
Probably nothing is more natural than furnishing a country house with furniture made from natural material. Tables made of solid wood are chosen by many owners due to the following advantages:
- durability - this quality is most fully manifested in coniferous woods. And the tables made of pine do not need special care - it is enough to wipe the furniture with a dry napkin (periodically it is advisable to use polish);
- burnout - does not threaten the furniture, covered with special compounds. The table for giving with endurance transfers action of direct sunshine. Over time, you may need to refresh the appearance of objects. To do this, once every 3-4 years is enough to cover the furniture with varnish or paint;
- environmental friendliness of products, since formaldehyde is not used for processing pine to give. Wood, by contrast, produces phytoncides with anti-allergic effects. The indescribable coniferous smell is especially pleasant to feel after the daytime dacha work, in the evening quiet time of family tea drinking;
- variety of designs of tables made of wood. You can purchase a stationary model of the required size. And if at the dacha many guests periodically gather, then a folding table would be an ideal option for receiving friends. Sliding structures are installed in large rooms, on spacious verandas or terraces.
The disadvantages of furniture include the following qualities of wood:
- low moisture resistance. Even tables covered with special varnishes, extremely negatively react to natural rainfall. If during the summer season the table is in the open area, then the rains lead to swelling of the wood. Then the hot sunshine drains the material. From similar tests with temperatures and humidity, grids of small cracks appear on the tabletop;
- high cost of wooden furniture. Although it is quite possible to choose models at affordable prices, combining several materials: glass tables with a wooden base, wood table top on forged legs.
Choosing tables for a garden from wood, surely pay attention to quality of breed of a tree, reliability of accessories and a protective layer. For a small country kitchen, you can also purchase folding chairs, which are simply put into the pantry for the winter.
Forged garden furniture
Metal products can be considered an ideal option for arranging a recreation area in the country. Since they seamlessly complement and emphasize any design. Forged tables have the following advantages:
- furniture has an unlimited lifespan with proper care;
- Products practically do not fade in the sun, resistant to mechanical damage and temperature extremes;
- This is a real decoration of the dacha. Thanks to modern methods of working with metal, in the products you can embody any design style and the wishes of the owners;
- modern technologies of applying a protective coating and special paints give the furniture resistance to corrosion and abrasion;
- minimal maintenance - a table surface is wiped with a dry / wet cloth, as the metal does not absorb dust, is not prone to the appearance of mold, which is very important for outdoor furniture located in an open area.
Like any furniture, wrought-iron tables have drawbacks: in the hot season, the surface becomes very hot, and in cold weather it is unpleasant to touch the cooled material. In order not to suffer from the costs of metal products, it is advisable to purchase tables of composite materials. As a variant of the original table: the tabletop is made of solid wood, and the base is wrought. Another disadvantage of wrought-iron furniture is considerable weight.
Look great model with glass countertops (rectangular, square, round shapes). If there are children in the family, then it is better to choose an oval table in order to exclude the possibility of childhood injuries.
Of course, choosing furniture, we must not forget about the specifics of the dacha life - things are constantly transferred, occasionally dropped, water and sediments get on them, they have to be regularly cleaned, therefore a plastic table for the garden is the most optimal budget option.
The advantages of plastic tables are lightness, compactness, mobility, aesthetic appearance, a wide palette of color options:
- mobility - products are lightweight, so if necessary it is not difficult to quickly remove the plastic table. The shape of the table also provides the ability to stack objects one on another. This storage option saves space;
- burnout and moisture resistance - products are capable of losing tint (lightening) under the influence of direct sunlight. But the moisture does not affect the surface of the plastic table;
- practicality - no special detergents are needed for care. The plastic table is easy to clean by any means, until irrigation with water from a hose;
- Sleek design gives models lightness and elegance.
The plastic table for giving is made of different materials.
- Polyvinyl chloride (PVC) is a common low-cost plastic. This material is used for the production of a large volume of tables. The material quickly deforms, breaks. When burning PVC tables are deformed and emit an unpleasant odor. The main advantage - affordable prices.
- Polypropylene is a matte material that is easily dyed with pigment additives. When ignited, it does not release toxic substances (as there is no chlorine). The material is used to create furniture at affordable prices (for outdoor use). Not much different from PVP. The main advantage is environmental friendliness.
- Polycarbonate - has a significant cost. A distinctive feature - the perfect combination of strength and transparency.
According to the shape of the table top, round tables are available for the garden and the garden (oval, circle) and with corners (rectangular, square). When choosing a model, it is important to consider that round tables take up more space.
Some models are made with one central leg as a support. It is recommended to buy a table at the cottage with four legs (it is easier to install on the ground or lawn).
Garden plastic round tables can be equipped with umbrellas from the sun. Similar models in the tabletop have a hole for installing a protective structure.
It is interesting to look at modern plastic tables for summer houses with a surface that imitates the structure of a tree or a wicker texture (furniture made of wicker or rattan).
The disadvantages of plastic are instability to mechanical damage (easy to scratch), the fragility of the material with a strong and sharp impact.
Table for giving own hands
The country design very much welcomes non-standard executions of familiar and habitual designs. Inventive gardeners attach any thing. Original flower beds of tires, decorative fencing beds of plastic bottles - there is no limit to fantasy. A special place in handicrafts takes garden furniture, which creates cozy corners of rest on the site and allows you to significantly save the budget.
Table from pallets for giving
The design of the table can be considered simple to disgrace. To create a table it is enough to put pallets on top of each other. The top tray plays the role of a tabletop. To give the product a finished look upward put a glass table top, cut to the size of the pallet.
To extend the life of the structure, it is necessary to carry out preparatory work. The surface of all pallets is carefully sanded to give the table a perfectly smooth look and prevent possible splinters. All parts are treated with a special primer to protect the wood from rotting. After drying, the trays for the garden are painted with paint for exterior work.
The table of pallets will darken with time, the wood will spoil and crumble. To slow down the appearance of such phenomena can be a careful attitude to homemade things. For the table to enjoy the original and well-groomed view for a long time, it is removed under a carport in rainy time.
From the objects installed in the recreation area, stability and good quality are required. These qualities are fully satisfied with furniture made of logs. There are many variants of designs of tables made of logs, from the simplest models to the exquisite creations of the masters.
The most affordable and easy way to arrange a dining area is to adapt a suitable stump from a sawn tree. This option is suitable in case of coincidence of places of rest and location of hemp (which has not been specially uprooted). To create a cut structure, boards are formed to form a tabletop or a round shield (from a large coil of cable wire).
When self-fabricating a garden table made of logs, it is important to fulfill the following requirements:
- Wood must be treated with special compounds that protect it from precipitation. Otherwise, the furniture will quickly lose an attractive appearance and may rot;
- sanding all surfaces and trimming corners - this will prevent injury, splintering and scratches.
Such furniture looks very original. And such tables will look organic in areas with log cottages.
Table made of shaped tube
Metal pipe - a universal material for the manufacture of a dining table for the garden. Iron objects are distinguished by reliability, durability, and immunity to atmospheric precipitation.
The main characteristics of the profiled pipe:
- strength - the presence of stiffeners gives the product increased strength and the ability to hold serious loads;
- the geometric shape of the pipe facilitates easy transportation. The rectangular shape creates the perfect combination with flat surfaces and provides stability to finished products;
- availability and ease of assembly. It is possible to bolt the details of the structure;
- resistance to temperature extremes and to the harmful effects of the environment. The dining table for the dacha should preferably be treated with special anti-corrosion compounds that protect the table from corrosion;
- the possibility of manufacturing products of complex designs - folding dining tables. Such furniture is very comfortable in everyday life. Since the model assembled does not occupy a special separate table.
The negative side of metal pipes - they are difficult to bend (if you want to make a table on bent legs with your own hands).
Optimally, when in the country there are several cozy corners with garden tables. In this case, it is not necessary to carry things regularly around the site. In open areas, it is better to install models that are insensitive to weather conditions (plastic round table). Wooden tables or products with wrought iron elements are perfect for placement on the veranda or in the gazebo with a roof.